Top 5 Best Weight Bench For Your Amazing Workouts- That Will Make You Think On It!
Getting that satisfying and fulfilling feeling in every workout sessions can truly lighten up one’s mood as if all your hard work and sweat really pays off to gain the healthy lifestyle you’ve been working for months. But what if going to the gym every day is a big effort for you and your home fitness equipment feels like not enough? When this time comes, then you should probably consider buying the best weight bench there is in the market.
To own a weight bench means you can challenge yourself to get to the next level of exercises and intense workouts whenever you feel like doing it. Weight benches are equipped with several abundance options to allow you focus on whatever muscle you want to strengthen and tone with. Dumbbells, power racks, cages and other equipment can also be incorporated in the weight bench so you could maximize your workout fully.
Benefits Of Having A Weight Bench At Home
Building and toning of muscles require a lot of work to do before you could observe and achieve a result. However, going to the gym almost every day can be a tiring task that might hinder you in reaching your fitness goals faster. With this, getting your very own gym equipment, especially a weight bench, is highly beneficial as it covers most of the things that you could do in your favorite gym.
If ever you’re still in doubt in investing at one of the best weight benches available in your area, then the listed reasons below might change your point of view as well as your decision regarding this gym equipment. Read on to find out:
- Great choice for beginners.
Being a first-timer at the gym can be a bit embarrassing and awkward. Thus, avoid those humiliating moments by keeping your fitness routines private and at the comfy of your own home. In addition to this prior reason, being a beginner on weight lifting often forgets to maintain the proper posture, breathing guidelines and techniques that they need to keep during each workout session. Hence, to avoid these kinds of mistakes, doing your workout on weight benches can help you stay in proper position while lifting weights.
- Allows you to target different angles of your muscles.
And since this fitness equipment can be incorporated into almost all exercises, it also means that weight benches can be used to help you target and tone whatever angle your preferred muscle is. Just like in Hyperextension that can easily be done with the use of weight benches, the movement for this exercise lets you improve posture, stability as well as stamina in your lower back muscles. As a result, you have all the freedom to target different muscle angles while adding strength to your body.
- Provides several versatile options for your workouts.
Usually, people most commonly mistook weight benches as it is. They didn’t know that this fitness equipment is also provided with several extensions and accessories to help you in reinforcing your muscles during workouts. It won’t limit your exercises on dumbbells and bars as you could also use the bench for other purposes like a platform, step ups, push ups, and other basic cardio exercises.
- Can tone almost all muscles in your body.
You will find that almost all fitness trainers will require you to exercise on a weight bench if you want to tone your muscles. This is because weight benches can highly help you in performing different exercise routines that could lead to fat reduction especially to the upper areas of your body. Moreover, as you tone your body, your joints can also benefit from it as it gives density and flexibility to your bones.
Best Weight Bench - Top 5 In The Market
1. Ironmaster Super Adjustable Weight Bench
On my opinion, I’ve made the Ironmaster Super Adjustable Weight Bench as the top 1 of the list since its features include 11 locks out angles for a more precise position such as flat, incline, decline, and upright to support every exercise you’ll perform with this equipment.
The bench also promises to be stable enough as it stays in one position even during extreme heavy lifting. And with its adjustable foot lever, you can maximize your convenience by moving it sideward along with inclining the seat, the backrest pad moves along with it to ensure you a perpendicular position every time.
Editor's rating: 98/100
Price on Amazon: around $319.00
- Most people agree that this weight bench is the ultimate dream of most heavy lifters who desires to perform extreme workouts.
- It will arrive in assembled form already so you won’t have to waste your time reading instructions and to putting together confusing parts.
- You could feel that every part is made specifically to last a very long time and are durable enough to keep you satisfied with your workouts for a longer period of time.
- Even though the weight bench is stable in every workout, its overall weight is light enough to move around the house compared to other weight benches.
- Some customers complain that the backrest height is a bit high than it normally should.
- The stands of the equipment can only accommodate certain height requirements. So, if you’re short, then you may experience sitting on the weight bench without your feet touching the floor.
- Since the backrest is a bit high, storing the equipment may take an extra space and moving it may require a few sets of adjustments.
2. Bowflex SelectTech 5.1 Adjustable Weight Bench
Some of the features of the Bowflex SelectTech 5.1 Adjustable Weight Bench is that it allows you to position itself to 6 different positions so that you could maximize your workouts every time. Its bench is movable from 17-degrees up to 90-degrees inclined and has a removable leg hold-down brace to give you some support in your exercises whenever it is necessary.
In addition to these features, the weight bench is specifically designed to stabilize your back for a safer and more effective fitness sessions. With 30 years warranty on frame, one-year warranty on upholstery, it has longer warranty than the Bowflex SelectTech 3.1 Adjustable Weight Bench 15 years.
Editor's rating: 95/100
Price on Amazon: from $178.99
- Includes a compact bench for more support during lifting exercises.
- A removable leg brace is provided to a sturdier declined position workout.
- Wider bench design to give enough space on larger body frames.
- Has wheels at the bottom so you could move it with ease anywhere in the house for storage and remove the wheel for a steady use of the weight bench.
- Money worth it since it is offered with warranty deals for a great value.
- There’s a space between the wall and the bench when folded, thus, making it a bit irritating if you’re an organized or perfectionist individual.
- Some parts don’t seem to fit perfectly in the way the equipment has been advertised.
- Even though it is sturdy, some people still feel like the equipment has been worn out just like what the gym benches feel like.
3. Body-Solid Powerline Folding Weight Bench
Since the Body-Solid Powerline Weight Bench is foldable, it also offers up to 7 adjustable positions such as flat bench and decline or incline press to assist you in every workout.
Furthermore, the unit is pre-assembled so you could just unfold it wherever you feel like performing your daily fitness routines.
And unlike any other weight benches, the Body-Solid Powerline Weight Bench can be folded upward, thus, you’ll never have to worry about positioning your body properly on certain exercises such as triceps and curls extensions.
Editor's rating: 93/100
Price on Amazon: around $267.93
- It comes with removable transport wheels to allow you move and store the equipment without carrying it.
- Can be incorporated into several various exercises especially on upper-body workouts.
- It can be positioned into flat, inclined or declined weight bench.
- Doesn’t take so much space for storage since it can be folded upward.
- The cushions are stables into the wood which can wear off after years of usage.
- More and more people are complaining that some parts of the weight bench are usually defective on arrival.
4. Marcy Adjustable Utility Weight Bench
The Marcy Adjustable Utility Weight Bench can be one of your cheapest options when buying a weight bench. However, even if it is offered at a much lesser price, the quality remains to be on top as it is usually classified as a simple yet straight forward weight bench of all.
Just like the prior weight benches discussed above, the Marcy Adjustable Utility Weight Bench can also be adjusted into 6 positions such as decline or incline to allow you in targeting all your muscles for a more satisfactory workout.
In addition to these features, the Marcy Adjustable Utility Weight Bench can also be folded to a fully flat position for a more space saving storage that could let you just tuck it in under your bed and couch or beside the cabinet.
As for the weight, it could hold up to 300 pounds which make it more suitable for beginners and those who aren’t longing for a more intense and heavier weigh tlifting.
Editor's rating: 92/100
Price on Amazon: around $138.22
- A space saver when it comes to storage.
- It comes with a thicker padding so that lying in your back at the equipment will almost feel like lying on a pillow which will make you more comfortable during your workouts.
- Cheaper than any other weight benches yet, the quality can be compared to the expensive ones.
- Designed with a transport handle to assist you in moving the equipment around the house.
- Stable and isn’t shaky when in use.
- Only suitable for beginners.
- Can only hold up to 150 kilos of weight.
- Doesn’t have removable wheels so you have to carry it around.
- There isn’t any padding in its rollers to wrap your legs while in a decline workout position.
5. XMark Adjustable Weight Bench
The XMark Adjustable Weight Bench may be the last for the top 5 best weight benches in our list, but the quality and features of this equipment are still reliable and can still level up to other expensive ones in the least.
The weight bench can hold up to 1500 pounds or 500 kilos of weight and has an adjustable back which could be moved from a decline to military position while still giving you a more precise angle to satisfy the needs of your exercises.
Editor's rating: 90/100
Price on Amazon: around $308.00
- Comes with an extra thick padding to prevent any back pains and for a more comfortable position during workouts.
- The covering of each padding is sweat and tear resistant which makes it durable for a long-lasting use.
- As seen in the model, the equipment is designed with a wide base to support every movement as it stays in place.
- Offers removable wheels for easy storage and transportation.
- The equipment should be lifted high enough so that you’ll be able to put on its removable wheels.
- Other consumers of this product wish that the space between the pads must be smaller than it actually is.
Best Weight Bench Conclution
All in all, having a weight bench doesn’t just prevents you from the hassle of going to the gym, awkward situations and could let you save up from the expensive gym membership, it is also considered as a necessity to almost all those who perform daily fitness routines as this equipment build strength, endurance and stamina all at the same time. Always consider your personal details and preferences before purchasing one so that what you invest one is definitely the one you truly need in achieving the perfect body goals. If you’ve finally settled on one of the best weight benches above, you might want to share your experiences so others will further be guided on what to expect on their equipment and what’s not.
If it's good & helpful - Please share it with your friend to help us get the motivation to do more research. Thank you!
Also published on Medium.
About the Author
"" With the growing number of serious health issues in our world today, being physically healthy and workout routines are becoming to be nightmare (very crucial) nowadays. However, what if you just don't know what to do and when or where to start your road to fitness? I know how this situation might get so confusing. But don't worry! With my years of professional experience in the fitness world, I am glad to share all my knowledge in this field and would be very happy to listen to feedbacks or comments coming from you. In fact, I and my team will even do some research to your questions if required. Thanks! ""